Sunday, April 10, 2011

currently listening to: knock knock by mac miller

"the greatest object of life is sensation; to feel that we exist, even in pain"
- lord byron; doug's memorial service quote

people want to feel something, anything. the worst thing to feel is numbness. maybe this is why people throw themselves into bad situations, linger in bad relationships, make reckless decisions. they would rather get hurt than feel nothing at all.


make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back.
regret is an appalling waste of energy; 
you can't build on it; it's only for wallowing in.




if you leave your trash on the counter because you are too lazy 
to put a new trash bag in the trash can one more time, 
i think i will slap you.



an old favorite.

i carry your heart with me 
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere you go, i go my dear)
and whatever is done by only me is your doing my darling.

i fear no fate 
(for you are my fate, my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my soul, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and a sun will always sing is you.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the starts apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment