Sunday, July 31, 2011

currently listening to: i got mine by the black keys










people can change.
it's a very foolish notion to believe otherwise, in my opinion.
i have watched people i once knew well become strangers.
it may be conscious, but i think it usually goes unnoticed.
innocent people turn hard, youth grow wise, and those who are beautiful become ugly.
in my experience, the latter occurs most rapidly, without thought.
this is not to say all people change for the worse, not at all.
many people grow into themselves so beautifully, i feel lucky to call myself a witness.
but to think we are all static and unchanging... that is close-minded.
i am the same at my core as i have always been. or this is what i like to think anyway.
but my beliefs, values, the things i hold closest to my heart, maybe they have changed.
try to appreciate the current state of things, and people.
don't be taken aback when it doesn't stay that way forever. nothing is forever.
you can always change the way you think, perceive, react.
when you are through changing, you are through.
the trick is to never ever be through.

No comments:

Post a Comment